258 total views
- Free software
- Version: 21.1.2449
- Update date: 02/11/2021
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
Download Avast Free Antivirus
What is Avast Free Antivirus?
Avast is a free antivirus program that beats its competitors thanks to the high level of protection it offers to its users. Besides excellent malware detection and protection, Avast Free Antivirus also provides a network security scanner, browser protection feature, password manager, etc. In general, It’s a great collection of security features in a single and free antivirus program.
Features of Avast Free Antivirus
Designed to ensure protection in modern environments
Avast Antivirus is a bundle of security features to protect users and their devices against modern threats, like anti-phishing software, spyware detection systems and anti-theft protection. and do not disturb mode.
Avast Free Antivirus for PC and mobile is free to download. This tool is also available on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS platforms.
The latest version of the program is developed to protect against increasingly modernized threats. You will also find Sensitive Data Shield, an intelligent AI can detect personal information and increase their priority. That is just the beginning of what this software can do.
Streamlined and user-friendly
Avast offers free antivirus software – all you need to do is go to the website and download it. During installation, the program will offer to install Avast Secure Browser and set it as the default setting, hiding your IP address. You can opt out.
The larger part of the main window is a gray rectangle where you’ll find the option Smart Scan. On the left side you will explore a number of menus for Privacy, Protection and Performance.
This antivirus application is very user friendly, you can note this through its functions. For example, the do not disturb function blocks pop-up messages to help avoid distractions. Most important processes run in the background, not bothering the user while keeping their device safe.
Features and protection
Avast offers a large number of features, which is a great added benefit considering the importance of most of them. Smart Scan takes just a minute and checks your PC for most possible problems. If you are concerned about a particular directory, go to the section Virus Scans. You can select areas to exclude and scan.
The capabilities in the web filtering aspect are available when you enable the Chrome add-on. It will show you what dangerous links are in the search results. Furthermore, a WiFi checker will also scan your connection.
Software Updater is a module that scans your software for missing updates, then downloads and installs them for you.
Ultimately, if you are preoccupied with any of your anti-virus activities, you have access to it Settings and make the system work the way you want it to.
Most of the lab reports included Avast in their study. The latest studies show that the program 100% blocks threats, including Trojans and keyloggers, giving only a single inaccurate warning in 1.5 million samples.
Changes over versions
What’s new in Avast Free Antivirus 21.1.2449?
This time around, the developer places a lot of emphasis on findings and warnings:
– Threat alerts with more information – If you get a warning, click See details to see what kind of threat is (for example, adware, ransomware, phishing, etc.) and a brief description
– Neat more threat warnings – If you encounter multiple threats at the same time, you will no longer see from one alert to another. Instead, the developer combined them into a single, shielded warning that detected them.
– New discovery categories You can now choose to detect or bypass tools like miners, in-game cheats, and key generators as a separate category during virus scanning and core shields.
– Alert ID – All threat alerts now include a unique ID in the lower left corner. If you’ve ever shared a screenshot with the support team, this ID will help them identify your issue
– Improved PUP detection Now, the PUP definition (potentially unwanted programs often bundled with other applications) is even better. PUP detection is enabled by default. (This will be rolled out continuously, and not every user will have it immediately – so if you want to take control yourself, just go to Settings> Basic protection> Detections)
Some other fixes:
- Patched Sandbox exit method (along with silent updates to previous AV versions)
- Fixed some unwanted merging of old / default avast5.ini configuration
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the user interface to close when you change the AV language
- Mute some network scanning features running in the background in case it’s not needed
- Arranged for more thorough uninstall (BugReport file no longer left)
- Remote Access Shield conflict alerts implemented in Passive Mode
- Fixed an issue where dialogs found it stuck behind the main UI when opening
… and many other bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in Avast Free Antivirus 20.10.5824?
These are the official new features in Avast Free Antivirus version 20.10.5824:
– Expanded Password Protection – Now, Avast Free Antivirus will also protect your password in beta versions of the browser. (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and AVG Secure Browser – Premium Privacy Only)
– Improvement of rescue discs Windows 7 users can be delighted to hear the feature is working again. Avast Free Antivirus has improved the performance of this tool and ensures it properly cleans related .DLL files for all users.
– Fixes – Just the usual fixes that keep this antivirus software up and running
Here are some examples of the bugs that have been fixed:
- Fixed driver incompatibility with HVCI (AV setting now works when Windows Core Integrity Memory Isolation feature enabled)
- Removed code to remove old licensing components and outdated pre-alpha
- The UI will now open correctly on the scan results, once the Explorer scan is finished (not working properly with minimized UI)
- Fixed an issue occurring in log viewer when log files were too large
- Improves service stability by properly terminating some thread hooks
- Currently services without exe / dll files (service without file) have been allowed to delete.
- Eliminated the need for an unnecessary reboot after specific types of detection
Errors and alternatives
While Avast renders little or no error in most cases, nothing is perfect.
Some relatively common complaints include a weak password manager compared to specialized programs. Also, web saver won’t detect all links in every browser, other than Chrome and Firefox.
When it comes to alternative programs you can use, Kaspersky is a favorite of many, even though Avast has a more modern interface. Panda and McAfee are also good alternatives.
The best free antivirus software
With excellent results on various tests from multiple labs, free registration without registration and lots of extra features, Avast offers more than its competitors in every aspect of kill protection. virus. It is a great alternative to several bespoke products.
Especially if you buy paid extras for your plan, such as a data shredder, Avast Free Antivirus will be the best option on the market. However, even the free version offers quite a few features.
With the free antivirus protection that Avast offers, you’ll get the highest performance that even some paid services can’t deliver. In general, this is a recommended option.
Refer to the more detailed review of this antivirus software in the article: Avast Free Antivirus Review: The Great Free Antivirus Program.
- Excellent independent test score
- Integrated browser protection
- Various extensions for overall protection
- Does not interfere with operating system performance
- Update everyday
- Complete protection from broken URLs only on Chrome and Firefox
- Some additional features require separate purchase
- Each user needs a separate license
#Avast #Free #Antivirus #tech #easier