155 total views
Offensive Security has just officially released Kali Linux 2021.1. The latest version of Kali Linux is now available for download and as usual there will be a ton of notable improvements included, including refined terminal and DE, new tools and especially Kali ARM for for Apple Silicon Mac (Apple M1).
Changes in Kali Linux 2021.1
Let’s start with the major changes in terms Beauty: the KDE and Xfce desktop environments (default) have been updated to v5.20 and v4.16, respectively. They give a new look, but are also more convenient and increase work efficiency for users.
Some terminal has also been tweaked, which as the developers call this process “Kalify” them.
A new package – command-not-found – has been added to the super pack potassium-linux-default (brings a core set of useful tools for simple vulnerability assessment). Command-not-found will direct users to executables they might want to install, suggest executable files when they incorrectly enter their name, or let users know when they enter a command that doesn’t exist in Kali.
Kali Linux 2021.1 comes with several new tools:
- Airgeddon – A wireless network audit
- AltDNS – Generate permutations, changes and mutations of subdomains and then resolve them
- Arjun – HTTP parameter explorer
- Chisel – A fast TCP / UDP tunnel over HTTP
- DNSGen – Generates domain name aggregation from the input provided
- DumpsterDiver – Search for secrets in various file types
- GetAllUrls – Fetch known URLs from AlienVault’s Open Threat Exchange, Wayback Machine and Common Crawl
- GitLeaks – Search the history of the Git repository for secrets and keys
- HTTProbe – Retrieves a list of domains and probes for active HTTP and HTTPS servers
- MassDNS – High performance DNS Root Reseller for batch lookup and spy
- PSKracker – WPA / WPS toolkit for generating default keys / pins
- WordlistRaider – Prepare an existing wordlist
In a sequel to a project that started last year, Offensive Security has also teamed up with a number of other manufacturers to give users early access to specific tools.
Kali NetHunterKali Linux’s mobile penetration testing platform (pentest) now has an upgraded BusyBox engine and an updated tools (some have been completely rewritten).
Finally, there are two new Kali ARM images: one that can be used with the virtual machine on the Apple Silicon Macs (Apple M1) and the other for the Raspberry Pi 400 wireless card.
Download and install Kali Linux 2021.1
You can download the new ISO Kali Linux directly from the official website potassium.org/downloads/ or from the Torrent network. And if you are already using Kali Linux then simply upgrade it to the latest and greatest release by running the following commands:
echo "deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ] && sudo reboot -f
If you are installing Kali, you can download Kali Linux here.
#upgraded #terminal #tool #Kali #ARM #Apple