385 total views
In the article below, make tech easier to teach you how to blur the background in Google Meet before or during a call and turn off this feature.
How to change the background in Google Meet
If you want to hide background during video call and don’t want to use virtual scene, you can blur it in Google Meet.
Blur the background during the call
1. Click on the icon menu of three dots in the lower right corner.
2. Select Change background.
3. There are two options here. If you want gentle blurring, choose Slightly blur your background.
4. If more cover is required, select Blur your background.
You can switch back and forth between the two options to see which is more suitable. The more cluttered the background is, the blurring you should be.
Before joining a call on Google Meet
You can blur the background scene before joining the call.
1. Click on the call link from the invitation to enter the lounge.
2. Click on the icon Blur background in the lower right corner of the video screen.
3. Select an icon Slightly blur your background.
4. If you feel that this is not enough, select Blur your background.
5. Click Join now when you’ve finished preparing everything.
Turn off background blur in Google Meet
To turn off background blur, click the 3-dot menu icon, select Change background, then click the button Turn off backgrounds.
Why blur the background?
Background blurring is very helpful in some situations. It can make you look more professional when working from a distance. Blurring the background can help you protect your private life and others in your home or office. Ultimately, blurring the background helps people focus solely on the person taking the call themselves, and not on what’s going on behind them.
However, if you are on an old computer, this dimming can make it run a bit slow because it takes a lot of resources to run. If you feel fine with the call quality of Google Meet, you can turn this feature off.
Another easier method is that you can use virtual backgrounds. Google Meet has a ton of built-in options.
#blur #background #Google #Meet