497 total views
Windows Mixed Reality blends the real world and virtual content into a mixed environment where physical and digital objects coexist and interact.
Mixed Reality Portal is a desktop application that takes you through the process of setting up Windows Mixed Reality. It also serves as a command center on PC, giving you a mixed reality experience.
Windows can automatically start the Mixed Reality Portal when you plug in or put on a headset. The Mixed Reality Portal always starts when you open an app designed for mixed reality.
This guide will show you how to enable or disable the option to automatically start Mixed Reality Portal when you plug in a headset in Windows 10.
Setting Start Mixed Reality Portal whenever I plug a headset into this PC This is currently only available for Windows Insider builds.
Enable/disable the option to start Mixed Reality Portal when headset is plugged in in Settings
1. Open Settings and click the . icon Mixed reality.
2. Click Startup and desktop to the left.
3. Select (on – default) or uncheck (disable) Start Mixed Reality Portal whenever I plug a headset into this PC, depending on what you want on the right side.
4. Now you can close Settings if you want.
Enable/disable the option to start Mixed Reality Portal when plugging in headset with REG . file
The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.
0 = Off
1 = On
1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below depending on what you want to do.
2. To enable the option to start the Mixed Reality Portal when the headset is plugged in (this is the default setting), download the file Turn_ON_Start_Mixed_Reality_Portal_when_plug_headset_into_PC.reg.
3. To disable the option to start Mixed Reality Portal when the headset is plugged in, download the file Turn_OFF_Start_Mixed_Reality_Portal_when_plug_headset_into_PC.reg.
4. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Double-click the downloaded .reg file to merge.
6. When prompted, click Run > Yes (UAC) > Yes > OK to approve the merger.
7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you want.
Hope you are succesful.
#enable #disable #option #start #Mixed #Reality #Portal #plugging #headset #Windows