321 total views
Guided Access limits your device to just one app and allows you to control which features are active. You can turn this feature on when a child is using your device or when something unintentionally interferes with what you are doing.
Activate Guided Access
- To enter Settings> Ease of Access, turn on Guided access.
- Click Set up a password, choose Set the guided access password.
- Enter the code, then enter it again. From here, you can use Face ID or Touch ID to end a Guided Access session.
Start a Guided Access session
- Open the app you want to use.
- From iPhone X and up, 3-click edge button. From iPhone 8 and below, press 3 times Home button.
If you want part of the screen to stop working, circle the screen area with your finger. You can move or resize the circled area, or click symbol X to delete.
- Click Guided access, choose Begin.
- Alternatively you can start a Guided Access session with Siri. Open the app you want and tell Siri to “Turn on Guided Access“.
Control which features are used
1. To turn off features or set a time limit, triple-press the next button or the Home button, and select Option. If you don’t see the item Option, press 3 times to enter edge button or Home button again and enter your password.
2. Select the desired option and press Accomplished.
- On / off button: To disable the on / off button on the device, turn this option off.
- Volume button: To disable the volume adjustment on the device, turn off this option.
- Manipulation: To limit the device from responding to gestures, turn this option off. For example, your phone will not respond to vibrations, the screen will no longer rotate no matter which direction you hold the device.
- Keyboard: To turn off the keyboard and prevent it from appearing, disable this option.
- Induction: If you want your device to not respond to screen touches, turn this option off.
- Look up the dictionary: To use Lookup in Text, enable this option.
- Limited time: To select a limited time for a Guided Access session, enable this option.
Ends a Guided Access session
Press 3 times to enter edge button or Home button, insert code Guided access then press End. Or if you turn on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click edge button or Home button.
#Guided #Access #feature #iPhone