433 total views
Discord is a group chat app that was initially targeted at gamers, but has quickly grown to become a shared platform for many other communities. Discord’s advantage lies in its extremely rich feature set. Among them are features many other platforms don’t have, such as streaming music from Spotify and showing people what you’re listening to.
What’s more, you can even create a “music session” inviting your friends to join. This article will guide you through linking Spotify to your Discord account on Android and PC.
Link Spotify to Discord on Android
Before you begin, note that you must have a Spotify Premium account for the setup to actually work properly.
1. Open the Discord app on your Android device.
2. Swipe in from the right side of the screen to reveal available channels and messages, then tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. In the “User Settings” section, tap Connections.
4. Click the “Add” button in the upper right corner to add a new connection to your account.
5. Select the Spotify option from the list that appears.
6. A new window will open allowing you to sign in to your Spotify account. You will also have to give Discord permission to set up the link.
7. Your Spotify username should now appear in Discord. From here, you can enable the “Display on profile” option (it’s disabled by default).
8. There’s one more thing you need to do to make sure the setup works. Open the Spotify app on your device and tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
9. Scroll down until you find the Playback section and enable the “Device broadcast status” option. This will allow Discord to see what you’re listening to.
10. Return to Discord. Now everyone on the Discord server you’re on will be able to see what you’re listening to. If curious, they can use the “Play on Spotify” button to listen.
Connect Spotify to Discord on PC
If you prefer to use Discord on your PC, it’s still easy to create a link with Spotify. The steps will be slightly different but nothing too complicated.
1. Open the Discord client on your PC.
2. Click the gear icon located at the bottom left of the screen.
3. From the “User Settings” section, select “Connections”.
4. Select Spotify from the list of options that appear.
5. Allow Discord to see your Spotify account data by clicking the green Agree button.
6. Your Spotify account should now appear in Discord.
7. The “Display Spotify as your status” option will automatically be enabled, but you can also enable the “Display on profile” option.
8. Just like on mobile, your Discord team (or others on the server) will be able to see what you’re listening to on Spotify. The “Play on Spotify” button will also be available here.
Hope you are succesful.
#Instructions #connect #Spotify #Discord #account #listen #Spotify #music #Discord