213 total views
What is Trezor Wallet?
Trezor is a type of cold storage wallet or hardware wallet (offline storage wallet) was released in August 2014 by SatoshiLabs.
Trezor wallet is the world’s first similar Bitcoin wallet Ledger Nano S, it provides secure cold storage for your digital assets.
Some virtual currencies that Trezor supports such as: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dashcoin (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), ..
Trezor cold wallet Small in size and shape like a USB, connectable and convenient personal computer, you can take it with you instead of a key chain.
Trezor stores your Bitcoin private key offline, which is separate from the internet environment, so it avoids any hacker intrusions, even malware on your computer.
Features of Trezor hardware wallet
- Supports multiple Coins: As mentioned above, Trezor wallet supports quite a lot of digital currencies such as: BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, ZEC, DOGE, ETC, .. and other Altcoins.
- Quick installation: With Bitcoin Trezor wallet It only takes 15 – 20 minutes to install
- Easy to use: Trezor is easy to use, you just need to have basic computer knowledge to install and start storing your money.
- Password manager: Trezor offers a powerful password manager. Passwords are encrypted and synced to your private cloud.
- SSH security: You can protect access to your server, data, and admin page with SSH
- 2-Factor Authentication (2FA): You can also protect assets by setting up 2-factor security
- Login and encrypt with GPG: Trezor will encrypt any document or email you create using GPG.
- Verify via message: Verify login via SMS, that is, every time you login Trezor’s system will send you a code via SMS used to login to your wallet
- Wallet backup: Trezor allows you to back up your wallet, during the installation Trezor will allow you to create a recovery string, if you accidentally lose your wallet you can use this string to restore your wallet. and of course all properties are still intact.
Trezor is safe and secure, lost and recovered
Specifications for Trezor cold storage
- CPU: ARM Cortex M3 processor at 120 MHz
- Screen: OLX 128X64 pixels
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android.
- Size: 60 x 30 x 6 (mm)
- Weight: 12g (0.42oz)
- Connect: Micro USD with desktop computer or phone
- Ideal working temperature: minimum 20 degrees C and maximum 60 degrees C.
Where to buy and sell Trezor cold wallet?
Currently in Vietnam I do not see any unit or individual selling Trezor wallets genuine, so to buy Trezor hardware wallet You can buy it directly on the company’s official website shop.trezor.io for 89 USD (about more than 2 million) or buy above www.amazon.com The price is the same.
User Guide Trezor Cold Wallet
Accessories when buying Trezor cold wallet
After you get one Trezor wallet The following accessories will be included inside the box:
- Trezor hardware wallet
- The piece of paper used to record the recovery code of Trezor (Recovery) wallet
- A Trezor wallet strap
- Guide to setting up and using Trezor wallet
- Wire the Micro USB cable to connect the Trezor to the computer
Accessories when buying Trezor cold wallet
How to install Trezor hardware wallet with a computer
Step 1: Connect Trezor to your computer
You are done with the connection Trezor wallet to your computer using a USB cable. After connecting the screen for Trezor wallet will display a lock icon and a command asking you to access trezor.io/start, but you do not need to access, continue step 2.
Connect Trezor to your computer
Step 2: Install Trezor wallet
Access to https://wallet.trezor.io/ and download the Trezor extension for the Chrome browser (if you use Mac or Linux, choose below) the purpose is for your Trezor wallet to connect to the Trezor server.
You click on “Install Extension“=> Press”Add widgets“
Download the Trezor wallet utility for Chrome
Next you will name the device TrezorPlease enter any name
Name the device Trezor
Step 3: Set up a PIN for Trezor wallet
Setting up a PIN for Trezor at first can be a little confusing, but once you get it, it’s easy. Do not rush to enter, please read through the small steps below and then re-enter to avoid confusion.
At this time, the screen will show 9 cells as shown below:
Set up a PIN for Trezor wallet
Corresponding above Trezor wallet You will show 9 boxes with 9 random numbers. You pay attention to the “position” of each number.
Now for example you want to set your PIN as “6789“. On the computer screen, you will click on the positions corresponding to these numbers in your Trezor wallet. Then press “Enter“
Enter your PIN and press Enter
The system will ask you to enter one more time to confirm your PIN.
Step 4: Record the string of recovery letters
At this screen Trezor wallet Your will show random strings, you need to write these down “Recovery paper piece above“In case you lose your wallet or fail, you will use these 24 strings of characters to recover your wallet. By pressing the “right” button on the Trezor wallet device to switch to other strings of characters, do so whenever the 24 strings are written.
Record wallet recovery string
After you have entered all 24 sequences of characters, click again the “right” button of Trezor to complete the wallet setup process.
Step 5: Sign in to Trezor’s wallet
Ok. On the screen of your computer browser, enter the PIN set up in step 3 to log into the Trezor wallet management system.
Instructions for using Trezor cold wallet
You will be redirected to the wallet management interface Trezor as shown below:
Basic information in Trezor wallet administration
Some basic features of Trezor wallet:
- No. 1: Where you can choose the electronic wallets of different currencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, ..
- No. 2: Customize the main screen of Trezor wallet
- Number 3: A place to set up security for Trezor cold wallet such as password, PIN. You can delete all information on your Trezor device here.
- 4: Edit basic device settings, for example change PIN
- 5: Lock the Trezor device
- Number 6: Delete the Trezor device
- Number 7: Change currency
- 8: Connect Trezor wallet to Dropbox
- Number 9: Add a new account
- No. 10: Add old account before Segwit
How to receive money Bitcoin, Ethereum, .. on Trezor wallet
To receive money Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, .. or any other virtual currency above Trezor wallet It’s quite simple, you just need to get the wallet address of that coin and give it to the sender. Here I will take an example with Bitcoin.
You click on “Wallet“On the menu => select”Receive“=> Select”Account # 1 (0.00BTC)“=> You will see Bitcoin wallet address on your Trezor in the “Address“. You copy this BTC address to the sender for them to transfer BTC to you.
Receive money on Trezor wallet
After the sender transfers the BTC to you in the “Transactions“Will show that BTC transactions are in the state”Unconfirmed“Ie has not been confirmed.
You will need to wait about 15 minutes or if a large amount of BTC transaction will have to wait longer, when the transaction is confirmed it will lose the word “Unconfirmed”Instead is the date and time as shown below and Bitcoin Officially yours.
Confirmed Bitcoin is yours
Note: With Ethereum coin, Trezor wallet is not directly managed but will be linked to another party, MyEtherWallet, you will need to switch to MyEtherWallet wallet and do some manipulation to cool ETH above Trezor, this part I will guide in another article, because it is also a bit long.
How to send Bitcoin from Trezor wallet to someone else
Step 1: To send Bitcoin to others you choose to tab “Send“Will see the following interface:
Send BTC from Trezor to someone else
Step 2: You enter the transaction information to send BTC:
- Address: The recipient’s BTC wallet address
- Comment: For the content of money transfer, fill it out as you like
- Amount: The amount of BTC you want to send, click the arrow pointing up to send all the BTC in Trezor wallet
Enter finished, you click the button “Send“To start sending.
Step 3: Transaction Confirmation: Now you need to confirm a BTC deposit transaction on your Trezor device. Check the amount of BTC and transaction address to see if it is correct, if it is correct, press the button “Confirm” the right. Wrong case or you discover someone is transferring money from Trezor wallet you press “Cancel“Button on the left.
Confirm transaction of sending BTC on Trezor wallet
After you confirm your BTC transaction, the Trezor wallet will display your BTC amount and transaction fees. You continue to press “Confirm”Again to complete your BTC deposit.
2nd transaction confirmation
After depositing BTC in the “Transactions“Will show the status of your deposit.
Transaction status of BTC deposit transactions on your Trezor
Ok. Above is the article “Instructions for installing and using Trezor wallet – Hard wallet storing BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, ..Hope to help you have a choice of safe and convenient electronic money storage.
Above is the post reviews as well as instructions on how to install and use the Trezor cold wallet, a popular wallet used to store Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Altcoin coins, I personally find this wallet very safe and easy to use.
Trezor wallet is one of 4 types of wallets Bitcoin storage The safest today has been Virtual currency blog introduced in post Where to store Bitcoin safe? Top 4 cold wallets, hot wallets holding BTC and ETH Depending on your needs, you can choose the right wallet.
Out Ledger Nano S then Trezor It will also be a good choice for you to cool down your digital currencies.
#Trezor #Wallet #Reviews #electronic #wallets #store #BTC #ETH #LTC #BCH